Monday, January 23, 2012

Livin' in the 21st Century



Sometimes I wonder what it must have been like to live in the "olden days," when life was so much simpler.  When salt and pepper were considered a delicacy.  When you had to speak with the telephone operator to place a call; or better yet, communicate by telegram. When kids could play outside from dawn to dusk, without having to worry about "stranger danger."  I'm a big fan of simplicity, but honestly, it's doubtful I'd last a full day.  There are some products of the 20th and 21st century that give me the warm and fuzzies.  Here is a short list:

*Digital cameras, (and good old 35mm cameras too, for that matter).
*Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.  These things are made of pure magic, and are a godsend to parents of toddlers.
*Facebook.  (I'm beyond help at this point.  Straight up addicted).
*The Supermarket! I think it's pretty awesome that I can get everything I need to feed my family and clean my house in one store.  I do prefer to buy all of my fruits n' veggies at the local fruit stand, but everything else...one stop shopping!
*The Debit Card.  How did people function without this?!?!  Not sure, just glad I don't have to.
*My iPhone... I flat out rejected cell phones until last month, when the Hubby bought me this ridiculous gadget. I didn't like the idea of people calling me whenever they felt like it.  I would misplace it for days at a time, occasionally even weeks, and it didn't bother me one bit.  However for the last month, my phone and I have been inseperable.  FB anytime?  Angry Birds?  Words With Friends?  Facetime!?!  Siri!  Brilliant!


Obviously, nothing on this list is a necessity. I would live a long and healthy life if any one of these things were taken away from me, but thankfully, trying that out isn't necessary!  What are a few of your favorite must-haves?  

No comments:

Post a Comment