Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Little Bit Of Red Lipstick Goes A Long Way. . .

A little bit of red lipstick goes a long way...that and a new haircut!

All of us girls have felt this way at one time or another: maybe a little dull, tired out, and frumpy to the point of hiding at home for a while.  (If you have never felt that way, I'm going to have to call you out as a liar).  Looks certainly are only the shell of who we are, but you have to concede that when you aren't feeling confident, you don't come off as confident.

I was going through one of these little periods, and it lasted a little longer than normal.  I was sick of my stupid hair style and color, I'd gained a few (fifteen) holiday pounds, I wasn't working, and well, I just felt like hiding away.  Let's face it: I'm in my thirties, I have two (awesome) children, and I've been married for eight years; do I even need to look pretty anymore!?!?  I say, YES!

I had bought myself a tube of true red lipstick from my beloved Chanel counter, and it sat in my "tackle-box" for weeks before I took it back out again.  Red lipstick is not for the faint of heart.  One afternoon, when I'd simply had enough, I called my hair stylist and she booked an appointment for me the following weekend.  She knew that she had a tough job ahead of her, so she booked me from two p.m. until close.  That's a lot of time.  One more week passed, and I wore my baggy sweats, my darkest shades, always a beanie, and I avoided public interaction as much as possible.  And then, Saturday arrived.

I walked in and told Kim, "Shave it all off, I honestly don't care.  I'm sick of it."  For the next five hours she worked her magic, as only someone that's been in the business for over 25 years can do.  I looked like a radio antenna with foils covering my head, and was relieved to finally...FINALLY....see a color that I loved.  Much like a psychiatrist, we talked about why I wanted to grow my hair out.  'Did I really?  Why?  Who likes it long? Not you?'  Turns out I DID want to chop it.

So, long story short, (not really...it turned out quite long, didn't it!?) I have this new style that makes it fun to go out again.  Pair it with some Chanel Red lipstick, and I can't help choose something cute to wear over the ole' sweatpants.  Thank you Kim and Chanel!


1 comment:

  1. Look gorgeous Sherida and I am on my way out the door now to buy a tube of red hot lipstick:)

    ReplyDelete